Nausea Prevention – Pratt Plastic Surgery
Serving Patients in Bellevue, Tacoma, Everett and Seattle, Washington
Many of our plastic surgery Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma and Everett patients who have had previous surgical procedures report that they experienced postoperative nausea and/or vomiting.
Dr. Pratt recognizes this potential problem following cosmetic surgery procedures such as abdominoplasty, liposuction, and facelift, so for your comfort and safety he is proactive about prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting. Since adopting the No Nausea Protocol, the incidence of nausea and vomiting has plummeted.
The No Nausea Protocol consists of 7 steps:
- Preoperative No Nausea Patch – 2 hours prior to surgery
- Intra-operative No Nausea Drugs – given to you IV
- Hydration-prevention of dehydration with IV fluids
- Non-Narcotic pain medication
- Post-operative No Nausea Drugs – given to you IV
- Post-operative No Nausea Drugs – given by suppository as needed
- On-Q Pain Pump-infuses numbing medication at the surgery site and minimizes the need for nausea causing narcotics
Prior to your surgery, you will receive a prescription for the anti-nausea medication to be taken in the event that you experience nausea at home. It is our goal at Pratt Plastic Surgery to eventually completely eliminate the threat of post-operative nausea and vomiting.